The Sarnia Lambton Workforce Development Board (SLWDB) requires the services of a Research Associate. This is a full-time contract position that runs from September 16, 2019 to March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension based on funding received.
The deadline for applications is Friday September 6, 2019 at noon. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLWDB provides labour market information to the Sarnia Lambton community and conducts research projects that support employer, employee, training and workforce needs. SLWDB is one of 26 local board areas across Ontario funded by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
CORE STRENGTHS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods and generating evidence through research processes, including conducting interviews, focus groups and online surveys.
- Ability to do statistical analysis is an asset.
- Technical and report writing skills, especially in relation to aspects of workforce issues, development, trends and changes.
- Excellent presentation skills are necessary for this position.
- Technical computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and other tools that can convert research data into charts and presentations.
- Awareness of current events, networks and local organizations is an asset.
- Experience with social media is an asset.
- Ability to construct a project from start to finish, including planning, research and group facilitation.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Ability to illustrate strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate has an appreciation for our mission, is passionate about new ideas and innovation, thrives in a team environment and is excited to play a key role in sharing labour market information with the community.
APPLYING FOR THE JOB
SLWDB is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Executive Director Laura Greaves at 519-332-0000.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates interviewed for this position will be required to provide at least three references at the end of their interview. Rate of pay $19 -$22 per hour, depending on experience.