The research we undertake provides
the springboard to discuss and prioritize
labour market issues, trends, and opportunities
unique to Sarnia Lambton.
We then act on these collaborative discussions, in partnership with local stakeholders, to resolve specific issues and meet identified needs. In addition to undertaking research and publishing reports on our findings, we organize and host a number of events related to workforce development throughout the year.
We currently take part in the following committees:
- Business and Economic Taskforce
- Celebration of Youth
- Collective Leadership Employment Services
- ECE Taskforce
- Famous 5 Sarnia Lambton Chapter
- Immigration Taskforce
- Lambton Wellness at Work
- Lambton Federation of Agriculture
- Local Immigration Partnership Council
- Minds Connected
- Partners Active in Resource Sharing
- Sarnia Lambton Apprenticeship Network
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber’s Young Professional Network
- Sarnia Lambton Industrial Alliance
- Sarnia Lambton Social Service Network
- Visions of Harmony
- Western Ontario Wardens’ Caucus – Economic Development Committee
- Workforce Planning Ontario
- Workforce Planning West
Each year we take on new workforce development research projects. Our current project list can be found here: 2023-2024 SLWDB Research Projects.
Growing Sarnia Lambton’s workforce for tomorrow’s economy.
To identify needs and facilitate solutions to attract, train and retain a viable workforce through community partnerships.